A premier online talent marketplace where businesses can find talented freelancers to perform simple and complex tasks on demand
- Category HR Software
Fiverr is an online marketplace that allows users to either pick up freelance work or hire users for a variety of freelance projects. Depending on what you are looking for, it is very possible to be able to find people for a slew of projects. It has also enabled countless freelancers to make a living or supplement their side income.
Fiverr can be viewed from two perspectives. If you are a contractor or business looking for work, you can create a job. The website works very well and makes it easy for you to fill out a variety of information that enables you to describe the work you are looking for, set the category, and provide as much additional information as you have available. Furthermore, with a quick look, you can see just how qualified certain freelancers are. This enables you to get what you pay for, with higher rates resulting in a better quality of work.
As a freelancer, you have the opportunity to display your skills, fill out a profile, show examples of previous work you have completed, and apply for certain jobs. You can search for available work by clicking on "gigs" and viewing categories from there. The website is exceptionally intuitive. Furthermore, you can really boost your profile, create landing pages, upload examples of work you have completed, and take full advantage of Fiverr's system in order to make sure that you are getting the most out of your profile.
- Contains a slew of tutorials and easy to access information that makes it easy for freelancers to get very good, very quickly, at marketing themselves.
- The design of the website ensures that businesses will have access to a variety of highly talented contractors that they would normally not be able to get.
- Freelancers can easily view available jobs and apply for projects that they may be interested in, putting together advanced bids in relatively little time. Freelancers also have ample options to promote themselves.
- Fiverr's rating system and accountability system work very nicely. Users who give jobs report that the company does a great job of ensuring that the work gets completed and all parties are satisfied with the final outcome.
- Some businesses and contractors noted that language barriers could create communication problems, as freelancers would not be completely fluent in the language of the job for which they were applying.
- Some businesses also complained that there were no true guarantees on the quality of work that they received, a challenge that has been noted throughout the freelance system.
- Bidding can be difficult for freelancers, who have to try and strike a balance between submitting the lowest possible bid and making enough money to make a job worth it. While this can be great for people who are offering work, as it helps to pressure the price to very low rates, it can be a challenge for freelancers who are trying to earn a living.
- Secure Payments
- Payment Automation
- Multiple Payment Methods
- Freelance Screening
- Guidelines and Policies
- Multi-Currency Payments
- HQ Location
- New York, NY
- Year Founded